Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Saga Begins




"Yaaawwwnnnn"

Oh... Hello .. I. I didn't know I had an audience. I am Boots and what follows here is the ongoing saga between me , four felines and two humans. I am a domestic shorthair tiger feline whose sides have the spots like an ocecat. Now this saga begins some weeks ago when I showed up outside the humans front door seeking a meal. Yeah I knew the female human to be a sucker for felines since I had heard she has been feeding the other outside felines ever since she moved in. I strolled right on up and sure enough she gave me my own food bowl and water bowl right close to the front door.

This went on for a few weeks and I didn't really like the outdoors with its haunting night sounds and prowlers and it seems the female human whose name is Monika thought the same thing thus my capture and first visit to the vet with my new family. It also seems that she is very perceptive and has been trying to help me get comfortable and more relaxed in my new home.

Now I was not used to other felines for those that tossed me aside didn't have any but I do not miss the abuse they foisted upon me. Monika figured this out when she was putting laundry away and brought a few hangers out to use and I took off from laying on the bed to hide beneath it. Now mind you we were just getting to know each other so how was I to know she wouldn't use them nasty hangers to hurt me. Monika has a loving partner named Bob , but I am not so sure about him nor so comfortable around him. I guess in time I will settle down and learn to relax around Bob for he seems just as nice and loving as Monika.

Ok now for the other fur balls in this house hold. First there is one little tortie female named Munchkin who seems to enjoy sleeping with the two humans and spending time with Monika on the couch watching TV. The second is a large black male feline named Obsidian. He looks like a real brute but seems to enjoy playing with Monika. The third is another female named Ashlyn . She has Siamese in her and seems rather the delicate, shy type who does allot of laying around and sleeping. Lastly there is Frostin, a rather large grey tiger feline but not as bulky as Obsidian. It seems to me he might just has a crush on me but I keep letting him know I am not interested with a swat to his nose now and then.

OK now that you know some history. Here is what is up presently.

I heard Monika state that I have another vet visit today but hopefully the last one for a while. This one is to make sure that bacterial ear infection is cleared up for good. Oh yeah I didn't tell you about that did I. Well lets just say I did not like getting my ears washed twice daily then medicated drops rubbed into them . You felines out there keep your ears clean or this could happen to you and it is no picnic. Now granted the humans disliked doing this but knew it was for my own good. Now things are better though since the ear washing is done hopefully for a long time to come might I add.

I enjoy carefree days and the availability of food and water 24/7. I just have to be careful of the other felines for we are still getting acquainted. Monika has tried to get me interested in play but I have no clue what play is like or even if I will like it. I do however enjoy the chin scratches and gentle pets along my body both humans give me. Oh one more thing. I think Frostin is somewhat crazy for he at times cries out then runs about only to cry out loud again. I even saw him knock an empty shoe box across the floor. I have also learned that Munchkin rules here with Obsidian by her side and the humans spoil us felines. Oh yes treats from Bob in the morning and when he gets home from work. Then there is the every now and then chicken or pork they share. Munchkin has also told me that they give us vanilla ice cream now and then.

My mouth waters just thinking about that smooth cold ice cream.

I am still somewhat of a loner but Monika makes sure to give each of us felines attention. It seems a ritual to her and she even tries to give the outside strays attention but they mostly keep their distance. I have also met others of Monika's family and found out that her mother is as much a feline lover as Monika is.


This morning Monika was up way early and settled on the couch for a bit then made something that smelled delicious for breakfast. The smell was strong enough to wake Bob who enjoyed what was made. I wish they would share it with me what ever it is.

"yaawwnns"


Sorry about that. it seems its time for another cat nap for me so toodles for now.

2 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

Hi Boots! It is nice to meet you! We has been following your story on Frostins blog efurry day. Come and visit us sometime!

Frostin said...

Hi Princess Boots,

I'm tagging you. Come to my site for more information.